DM42 vs hp49gp (performance-wise)
12-16-2021, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2021 05:45 AM by gour.)
RE: DM42 vs hp49gp (performance-wise)
Quote:The G1 would do too. But why not the actual model? The G2 is much better than the G1!

I see that availability of G2 in EU is not great...is there any truth about upcoming G3?

Quote:It's an implementation of MicroPython. In addition to what John has stated, it also has a nice drawing engine (although sometimes a bit flawed).
Both PPL and Python can be written very comfortably on the PC using e.g. Notepad++ with syntax highlighting and (Python) indentation support checks.

I believe Python is best suited for your task.

I agree that using Python is very attractive—ability to write the code in my Emacs. :-) - and productive in comparison with RPN/RPL for the project I've in my mind...

Now, just wonder (and I will explore it) how much of the 'standard' libraries written for CPython can be used, since that would greatly reduce how much I should write and could definitely greatly enhance possibilities of the project.

Otoh, using DM42 would make it more like a simple companion for a manual, work, iow. just writing some small routines...

For now, the major obstacle is that I'm fully on Linux and Prime's Connectivity Kit does not work on it. Sad

Quote:Now to the commercials: Smile
have a look at my Python program:Mandelbrot explorer
much more sophisticated is Olivier de Smets(Oulan):HP 41CX Emulator in Python
These programs may give you an impression of what's possible

Thanks a lot! I'll take a look. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
DM42 vs hp49gp (performance-wise) - gour - 12-13-2021, 02:12 PM
RE: DM42 vs hp49gp (performance-wise) - gour - 12-16-2021 05:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)