How do you like the Woodstock calculators?
04-02-2022, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2022 08:14 AM by Tom Flatterhand.)
RE: How do you like the Woodstock calculators?
(04-01-2022 09:09 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  Isn't your first calculator like your first girlfriend?

That was the time when girls and programmable calculators were about equal for me. But since it was sometimes difficult with the girls, the programmable ones were a welcome change and gave you great satisfaction when you finished a program, which was a little compensation. But also the girls came at some point to the course. :-)

Since touching such a beautiful specimen of a Woodstock device takes one back in time like a trip back in time, maybe the girls from back then are close again? :-)

It's like vintage cars, they can still get you to and from work or you can take a trip with them. The HP-29C is still a technical-scientific calculator and could still hold its own in school.

Still, I'm careful when I pick it up. It is a relic from another time, Who knows what the 43 years have done, whether plastics have diffused and become brittle? Whether electronic components have degraded in some way? Capacitors burst or leaked? You don't want to push it to the limit anymore. You don't want to drive 200 km/h with the old Porsche (I have no old porsche :-) ) anymore and you don't want to type your fingers sore on the old keys while programming. They are so beautiful! I feel sorry for the sweetheart and don't want to wear it out too much anymore. That's why I developed the two GGT programs on an emulator (go29c) on an Android smartphone and only transferred them to the HP-29C when they were ready.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you like the Woodstock calculators? - Tom Flatterhand - 04-02-2022 08:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)