Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
05-18-2022, 02:04 AM
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
(05-17-2022 09:30 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  OFF exits the app on all platforms, it's been that way since 2004. Well, OK, except on PalmOS, where OFF would turn off the device. The beauty of a single-tasking OS that actually gave that kind of control to apps!

The only reason the iOS version doesn't enable this OFF behavior by default, and requires a back door to enable it, is because apps exiting on their own initiative is verboten per Apple UI guidelines.

I don't see the problem, though. If you don't like the behavior of OFF, then just don't use it?

OFF does not exit the app on Android, at least not on my Pixel 6 Pro. I prefer it that way, but it's not a big deal, however since Free42 does one thing and Plus42 another thing, and Plus42 is new, I assumed that was the one with the bug.

Apple UI guidelines don't allow apps to exit on their own - LOL. Why let a program quit when an Apple OS can be in control - simply not allowed to let an opportunity to be in control pass by.... If Palm OS allowing such control is beautiful, then iOS is... er.... well, not beautiful, at least to my eye.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release - rprosperi - 05-18-2022 02:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)