HP-67 Keyboard Domes
07-23-2021, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2021 06:57 PM by BillBee.)
HP-67 Keyboard Domes
Hi Guys,

I had a nice caveat emptor moment with a HP-67 I acquired for parts. As with a 41 I have had a red LED fascination.

The plan was to find a 67 and just pop one of Tony's boards into it. I really did not mind if the card reader was functional. I knew from the label it was opened and was being abandoned but looking for a shell I was fine with it.

Everyone gets lucky now and again so I popped a battery in and with a flash of a red light (lower right corner) the card reader started and would not shut off. Time to take a look inside as gummy wheel gunk can stick to many places (based on 41 reader observations) perhaps with the reader turned off I could see if the board was good.

and...….

Ouch. It was opened and the lower two rows of key domes were gone. Smile

Options? Is there a way to "turn off the card reader sensor"? I have a feeling if there was any life in the main board it will not show if the reader is spinning like a madman.

Key board domes.... based on what I read a parts donor - 45, 35 or that series is the limited option available? Fear not only a dead one would be used.

I have no issues with the guy who sold it BTW as it was my case of risk/reward.

Thanks!
Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-67 Keyboard Domes - BillBee - 07-23-2021 06:57 PM
RE: HP-67 Keyboard Domes - teenix - 07-23-2021, 11:24 PM
RE: HP-67 Keyboard Domes - BillBee - 07-26-2021, 10:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)