HP-97 Repair
06-18-2021, 06:19 PM
HP-97 Repair
My HP-97 fell off the table--I sorta helped it do this. There was no obvious visual external damage to the case. When I turned it back on, all of the "A" segments of the display were out, i.e., Zero looked like a U, etc. Somehow in a few days, all of the "A" segments returned to life. I googled and found Vintage Calculator Repair which --miracle of miracles-- is only a couple of miles from me! Unfortunately, their phone was always busy. And I found out why: the owner died in September 2020.

I've had it since 1977 and it has been around the world with me while I was in the USAF. It's family. There was a firm in the mid-west that repaired my HP-67 but they retired or went out of business.

I've not opened it to see if it a simple cable re-insertion. The card reader still works and I can do keyboard calculations. That leaves the printer. It is trying to print: the print head is roughly centered and it stays there; you can hear the motor humming. Pressing Print X or the paper feed button causes the display to blackout.

So is there any reputable firm that can fix my treasured HP-97?

Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-97 Repair - bmurray - 06-18-2021 06:19 PM
RE: HP-97 Repair - teenix - 06-18-2021, 11:52 PM
RE: HP-97 Repair - AndiGer - 06-19-2021, 06:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)