Which BASIC pocket computers make the best calculators?
04-04-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: Which BASIC pocket computers make the best calculators?
Hello!

(04-04-2021 04:55 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  You must have Brobdingnagian pockets to call it a pocket computer!

Well, it will not fit in a shirt or jeans pocket, but if the pockets of a jacket or coat (do you have coats in Australia at all?) count also, then it must be a pocket calculator :-)
Anyway my beloved Ti59 or even the HP-35 does not fit in a normal pocket either, so the whole "pocket" thing is dubious. And I never have carried any of my calculator (or mobile phone or even wallet) in my pocket.

One series of ecellent BASIC programmable calculators that has not been mentioned yet are the Sharp PC-E500 series. In principle they have all that one could wish for, decent alpha keybord, excellent calculator keyboard, large display, an enormous catalog of functions, units, matrices. But the build quality is abysmal, the display is really bad, and the rubber keys plain su**. This is a calculator that would be a super-classic if it had been built to the HP standards of it's time.

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which BASIC pocket computers make the best calculators? - Maximilian Hohmann - 04-04-2021 06:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)