50g - Differences in production batches
04-16-2021, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2021 10:04 AM by franz.b.)
RE: 50g - Differences in production batches
(04-01-2021 09:42 AM)Marco Polo Wrote:  Some time ago I got a spare HP50g unit.
My workhorse is a 50g I got in mid 2007 as warranty replacement of my 49g+.
The spare unit came without box/blister, but with canvas pouch. I presume it is more recent than my workhorse.
Examining the two units I noted some differences (see photos)
1) the "bezel" of the spare unit is not as smooth as the other. Furthermore it seems to have some "glitter" in the mould
2) the words painted on the spare unit are ticker
3) the certifications on the back are different, with a reference to a HP49G+(2) on the spare unit
4) the battery compartment is identical, but in the spare unit some wires are visible through the apertures

Anybody can help to understand when the spare unit was produced and if there is any further hidden differences?

Thanks
Hi, I did not understand what you mean in point 2)
I have 3 black units and the biggest differences are in the screen which has very different colors and contrasts and in the keyboard which has very different feedback, albeit all pleasant. it seems to me there is also a difference in weight, but I have never measured.
in no unit do you see the ome threads in yours.
some years ago there were blue models for sale on ebay or other sites at decent prices, but I preferred black because I like it more ...
then I took 2 more for collectibles / backups and to try newRpl. If one of them was blue it might be a good thing

Hardware: Hp48S - Hp50g (5x black + 1 blue) - HP39gII - Hp27s - Casio fx-CG50
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50g - Differences in production batches - franz.b - 04-16-2021 10:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)