How do you determine a 71B memory-mapped I/O device address?
03-31-2021, 04:39 PM
RE: How do you determine a 71B memory-mapped I/O device address?
Thanks J-F, looks like some good intro information. I think the long term need for a soft address is apparent Smile But short-term I'd like to make the MultiMod serial port available to programs. Hans had a serial port in his FRAM71 for a while, but later dropped it. I assume because no one was interested in the PEEK/POKE gymnastics needed to use the port, and maybe a serial port application didn't jump out to anyone.

As an educational exercise I'd like to write some LEX to add commands like 'SERINI', 'BAUD 9600' or 'SERIAL(19200, "8N1", 0)' to provide high level access to the port. One of the things the serial port could be used for is illustrated in an HP-41 GPS Module. There's certainly room above the MultiMod for a small GPS unit that can be powered from an unregulated DC power source.

There's a list of can-this-be-done items I have to work through first though, and having a MMIO device is one of them.

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you determine a 71B memory-mapped I/O device address? - mfleming - 03-31-2021 04:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)