Verify HP Prime G2 Authenticity?
04-02-2021, 02:43 AM
RE: Verify HP Prime G2 Authenticity?
Today I received a Prime shipped by Amazon but sold by a third party seller at a price a little lower than usual Amazon or ebay pricing. Product packaging was worthy of a more expensive item. The heavy plastic clamshell was continuously sealed along all edges and had to be cut open with a knife. There was an HP security seal complete with hologram and "Security ID To Allow Product Authentication" visible through the back plastic. The package contained all accessories, warranty paperwork, a single sheet of paper explaining why there is an odd boot on the USB cord, a folded quick start guide in multiple languages and a card explaining in multiple languages where to get the calculator app. The serial number printed on the packaging, the back of the calculator and reported by software all matched.

I would be surprised if any counterfeiter would go to this much effort so I thought I would pass this description along. If the OP's packaging was significantly different he may have received a repackaged return. I found it difficult enough to open the clamshell that I doubt any returns that had been opened could be sent back out in original packaging.

Wally
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Verify HP Prime G2 Authenticity? - ersoini - 03-04-2021, 02:38 AM
RE: Verify HP Prime G2 Authenticity? - WallyEmm - 04-02-2021 02:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)