Write an equation that contains several variables, and go immediately to solve them
02-27-2021, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2021 12:39 PM by ramon_ea1gth.)
RE: Write an equation that contains several variables, and go immediately to solve them
I often use the HP 50g solver with MINIT, MITM and MSOLVR, working in a folder, but also the HP Prime, so I understand the feeling of this question.

My proposal for the HP-Prime would be this:
- Start the Solve app.
- From the Home screen, create the variables you need as app variables with this command: 0▶AVars({"PrXs_011","PreXs_053","PreTAM_034","LOCFm_01"})
- Press the Symb key and enter your equation. Your created variables are also available by pressing [Vars][Solve][Program]

This approach is also useful if you create new apps based on the Solve app, as you can store your variables as local app variables, avoiding clutter in the Home environment with global variables.

Edited: one more comment.
If you want to go one step further by programming, I propose to combine this approach with CSTMENU:
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-16144.html
You can prepare a short program with a list of variables as input argument, to be initialised with AVars() as explained, but also to be used as soft keys to help at entering the equation.

Ramón
Valladolid, Spain
TI-50, Casio fx-180P, HP48GX, HP50g, HP Prime G2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE - CharlieF - 02-27-2021, 05:58 AM
RE: Write an equation that contains several variables, and go immediately to solve them - ramon_ea1gth - 02-27-2021 09:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)