HP-41C IL Module Question
01-13-2021, 01:30 AM
RE: HP-41C IL Module Question
(01-12-2021 08:12 PM)Craig Bladow Wrote:  
(01-12-2021 06:54 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  Sorry, I do not understand the question and which module you are talking about. XFM ?

The specific module is the HP-82160A HP-IL module for the HP-41C. I'm wondering if it is generally possible for functions residing in a plug-in module to take an alpha string as an argument following a command.

You mean a parameterized function like CLP, where you XEQ CLP and then give it the program name? I recall someone (probably Angel) mentioning that XROM calls to module functions generally can't be parameterized, or at least not easily. If the module is removed, the calculator has no way of telling if any of the bytes following the XROM instruction should be treated as parameters or if they're subsequent instructions.

And I don't think there are many built-in functions that take a name as an argument which can be entered into a program, or at least I can't think of any besides LBL, GTO, and XEQ (and STO and RCL on the 42S). This is why you have functions like PASN for when you need to include them in a program.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-41C IL Module Question - Craig Bladow - 01-12-2021, 06:39 PM
RE: HP-41C IL Module Question - Dave Britten - 01-13-2021 01:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)