About the continuous Fourier Transform
12-11-2020, 12:42 AM
RE: About the continuous Fourier Transform
(12-10-2020 02:54 PM)victorvbc Wrote:  
(12-10-2020 07:19 AM)dah145 Wrote:  I understand your sentiment regarding the Prime, but I still believe the potential for this calculator is there.

As of today the Prime can be quite useful for the EE student, and specially in comparison to the other CAS calculators, I would say it the most capable, but that's putting the bar too low, there's a lot of room for improvement. Getting a Bode plot (a simple log scale graph) shouldn't be a programming challenge for example.

It just seems there's no real focus coming from HP for whom exactly this calculator is meant to, and it the end its software feature set is generally lack lustre for the various segments of education it tries to tackle on.

Opening up the development can certainly be a way to fill the voids.

Tbh, I love this calculator. Definitely takes some effort for it to do specific things (i.e., the bode plot), but as a classroom calculator it's awesome, especially if you need to deal with a lot of symbolic or numerical matrices.

That being said, the stability problems and lack of arbitrary precision in some areas would restrain me from using it as a professional engineering device in my field. But for that MATLAB/Octave, Python libraries, etc are the norm anyway.

What exactly does "classroom calculator" mean ? Does it mean you actually sit in a classroom while the teacher/lecturer is teaching and you use the calculator ? Or did you mean a portable calculator that you can use in a place like a library when you don't want to carry your laptop ? If you meant the former, then I just cannot imagine someone having time to focus on the lecture and then busy himself playing with their calculator. How does anyone have the time ? In fact, since I left school, I don't even take notes in class anymore. I just sit down, listen, jot down a few keywords, and that's it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: About the continuous Fourier Transform - medwatt - 12-11-2020 12:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)