Keeping graphic objects in programs
12-15-2020, 10:03 PM
RE: Keeping graphic objects in programs
(11-25-2020 06:41 PM)Han Wrote:  Also, to capture the screen, another simple method is to connect your calculator to the CK and use the Monitor panel to capture the screen. There is a monitor icon on the top right to reveal the Monitor panel. Right click your screen's mini-snapshot and use Save As...

Original message:

Within your copied app (on the calculator), you can use AFiles("mypicture.png"):=G0 to capture the current screen into the file called mypicture.png. I presume you probably have some sort of program that creates the spreadsheet, so you can simply insert the command into your program. You may possibly have to use STARTVIEW to force the view you wish to capture.

If, on the other hand, you manually created a spreadsheet and want a "screenshot" then you can create a small program that basically uses two commands: STARTVIEW and AFiles (the first to switch to the view you want, and the second to capture the screen into a file).

If you do this on your actual calculator, you will then need to connect it to the CK to grab a copy of the mypicture.png file (also true for the virtual calculator). In the CK, open your copied app and it should appear in the Files folder. This is also where you would import your own files from your computer -- Mac or PC -- into the copied app. Just drag the files into the Files folder.
Dear Mr. Han,
My apologies for the long wait. Unfortunately, both methods don't seem to work. I haven't used STARTVIEW yet because I don't know which number to add to this. The screen capture method in the CK produces a distorted and incomplete image, the method with "AFiles("mypicture.png"):=G0" does nothing at all. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I am not getting graphics files from my program. I hope you can give me a little more insight so that I can solve this problem. Sincerely, Karel.

I use HP-16C, WP-34S emulator, HP-35s, HP-48GX, HP-50g, and HP Prime G2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping graphic objects in programs - cahlucas - 12-15-2020 10:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)