HP-50g dangerous L-Shift STO shortcut
11-11-2020, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2020 01:25 AM by Artur - Brasil.)
RE: HP-50g dangerous L-Shift STO shortcut
(11-10-2020 09:30 PM)Carsen Wrote:  Sounds like a very useful program.

Every time I accidently rewrite a variable using [LS] [soft key], I recover it by using [LS] [ANS]. It recalls the prior contents of the variable and the variable name onto the stack. Then I simply press STO to restore that variables to its original state.

Only downfall with this method is once ANS/LASTARG is rewritten, the user cannot restore the variable to its original state.

Maybe writing a program to store contents of LASTARG when rewriting variables holding programs, lists, array, etc could be useful. Sounds good on paper at least.

I didn't know this method to recover variables up to now. I plan to save the previuos value with the backup option, beyond Yes or no, at user's command.

If possível, try what I have proposed up to now and ser if there would be any inconvenience. I believe, today, reading The user manual, there will be issues with SOLVE, as I had with Units and Convert.
Best regards and thanks your kind words
Artur.

ARTUR MARIO JUNIOR
BRAZIL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-50g dangerous L-Shift STO shortcut - Artur - Brasil - 11-11-2020 01:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)