HP41 USER mode - HP42 CUSTOM menu - Free42
11-09-2020, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2020 12:06 PM by firai.)
RE: HP41 USER mode - HP42 CUSTOM menu - Free42
(11-09-2020 11:20 AM)SammysHP Wrote:  Already implemented. You need a skin with these buttons.

https://thomasokken.com/free42/skins/

When you're using the DM42 skin (which I want to develop a fork of at some point when I have time), at least on Windows, you can also modify the keyboard shortcut layout so that the shortcuts for the row starting from ∑+ access these keys rather than the top row menu keys. Attached is a sample of the modified layout, but note that I made other modifications to the layout based on my own preferences as well (such as using "i" for inverse, "y" for x^y, "Shift+e" for e^x, space bar as an alias for enter, etc.). You need to either redo the top row modification to your own layout or undo my other modifications if you don't like them. This file is located at "%appdata%/free42".

By the way, rather than defaulting to Custom 1-6 when a menu isn't present, the top keys in Free42 (when equipped with the DM42 or similar skin) behave like the regular top row when a menu isn't present.

Attached File(s)
.txt  keymap.txt (Size: 4.47 KB / Downloads: 10)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP41 USER mode - HP42 CUSTOM menu - Free42 - firai - 11-09-2020 11:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)