Issue with CAS solver function involving passing strings to the variable position.
10-01-2020, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2020 05:57 PM by Gene222.)
RE: Issue with CAS solver function involving passing strings to the variable position
You might have a problem with the names you used for your variables. See the following posts below.
HP Prime Solver Variables Issue
Programming solve function

I also have had problems with expressions that included trig functions that gave multiple answers, where I had to either use an initial guess that would narrow the search for a solution, or put a limit on the solve variable such as 0.0001..2*pi.

I also had problems where the variables would give a division by zero error or where the change in the parameter variables would not significantly change the solve variable, so that fsolve could not find a solution. In one case, I ended up replacing fsolve with a trial and error/bisection method in order to find a solution.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue with CAS solver function involving passing strings to the variable position - Gene222 - 10-01-2020 10:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)