HEPAX-0C Prototype version ROM images.
09-09-2020, 07:31 PM
RE: HEPAX-0C Prototype version ROM images.
OK - a little update.

I managed to get hold of a set of batteries for the HP-41 - my old battery pack leaked and was thrown out at least ten years ago when I packaged the "stuff" into the box. After cleaning the battery connectors it sort of came to life with a strange looking display. Changing to normal clock speed and I got "MEMORY LOST" - so now I got a working HP-41! It has not been powered up for more than 30 years, but it still works. I enabled the double-speed again (wired by KimH many moons ago - thanks Kim) and no problem - everything appears to be normal (well - in double speed).

So next up - inserting the ADV HEPAX module - the ONLY one I got. Nothing happened - I tried all ports with normal and double speed - still nothing... This means I am basically stuck without any means of getting to my stored images...

Then I thought - does the old prototype breadboard still work? - or will it fry my HP-41??? - well I had to try. Plugging in the cable - holding my breath and turning on the HP-41 - it looked normal. CAT 2 and HEPAX 1B came up!!! So now I do have something to play with ;-D

To be continued...

Regards,
Steen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HEPAX-0C Prototype version ROM images. - SteenPetersen - 09-09-2020 07:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)