HP-41 Book "Programming the HP 41C/CV/CX" by Thomas Adams
09-06-2020, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2020 10:25 AM by HP67.)
RE: HP-41 Book "Programming the HP 41C/CV/CX" by Thomas Adams
Any interesting side note:

My buddy alerted me to a sale at Michigan State University. Among the surplus items were a bunch of 48G calculators. We bought 4 and he sent me 2 in the post.

One of them was a pristine, apparently unused model but alas without the double shot keys. The other one was a dirty, banged up wreck of a calculator with a tweaked bezel. It was obviously opened, probably more than once. I cleaned it up over a few hours and worked out the major bumps in the bezel but it still creaks like a past century wooden rocking chair.

The interesting thing was (now) that it had a sticker on the back, Property of Thomas Adams and I think it also said Physical Therapy Department but I can't remember. The sticker and residue were removed as part of my cleanup operation.

I knew at the time he was the author of at least one HP Book. But I didn't think leaving the calculator as I got it would mean I had a collector's item Big Grin

I believe I may have PDFs of one or more of his books but I have not been home in almost a year, stuck far away due to Corona. When I get back I will look and update the thread.

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41 Book "Programming the HP 41C/CV/CX" by Thomas Adams - HP67 - 09-06-2020 10:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)