Using the PIL-Box with the Portable Plus
06-05-2014, 11:22 PM
RE: Using the PIL-Box with the Portable Plus
Actually the PP is usually a controller. On the PC side of the PIL-Box, ILPer acts as a printer and a tape drive when used with the PP. The PP can be configured as a device like when two PP's are connected together on the loop.

FDIO can create a 9114 compatible disk from a LIF image, like the ones on the MoHPC FTP site, or create a LIF image from a 9114 compatible disk. I've been unsuccessful imaging PP format disks using FDIO. HPDir will transfer only text files to/from LIF images. It was developed for the 9845 and doesn't understand 41/71/75 file types.

What binary files on the PC would you want to copy to a LIF image? If you're thinking of copying a large number of binary files between LIF images, I don't have a solution. Joe Horn's collection of LEX files was compiled into a single LIF image, I confess, one file at a time using Emu71. If there was a way to automate the process, perhaps using a batch file, I wish I'd thought of it.

Regarding DOS utilities for the PP, the Portable Paper Subscribers Disks are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Look for them, soon. Smile

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using the PIL-Box with the Portable Plus - Dave Frederickson - 06-05-2014 11:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)