Trying to recover 67's prerecorded magnetic cards
08-17-2021, 11:54 PM
RE: Trying to recover 67's prerecorded magnetic cards
(08-17-2021 02:37 PM)BillBee Wrote:  Is there a way to use Tony's resources (67 Pacs) to rewrite the card's?

With his awesome board (of which I will order one in Oct) one should be able to transfer the program into memory via usb and write back through the reader. Mind you I am just thinking until I get the board to test.

BTW - Tony's work should be sucked down and immortalized on the flash drive. It truly is a marvelous resource.

-Bill

Yes, and if the entire PAC is in a single directory you can import the entire list of files in one hit - USB or Bluetooth.

You can then load each file and write the card(s).

I was thinking the other day that loading a file from disk and sending it to the calculator via Bluetooth which will then automatically write the card(s) saving a step. Also with a special card read mode, recall the raw card data to the PC to check out what part of the card is not writing or reading.

Future features, I got the Covid jab yesterday, feeling wishy washy so definitely not today :-)

I didn't realize that clearing a 67/97 program also cleared the calculator to default DSP FIX 2 and DEC modes, clears the flags and activates the default A-E functions. This could be a trap if someone was expecting the current non standard settings to be saved to a card.

cheers

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to recover 67's prerecorded magnetic cards - teenix - 08-17-2021 11:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)