What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
01-26-2022, 02:05 PM
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
Hello everybody!

From a pure hobbyist standpoint, and honestly being just overwhelmed about what power lives in this fine device, I would be thankful for:

1. *Simple* Keyboard-based programming with only the built-in keyboard and no PC around! This is doable on my 41C, and I found what Microsoft Research did with the first versions of TouchDevelop a *huge* improvement! Every bit of brainstorming to this field would be highly appreciated. So: Let us do simple programming with *much* less keystrokes than now using HPPL - directly on the device, while sitting in the train!

2. While I understand that the CAS and Home separation is due to using the open source CAS software, I guess most of us feel that this is somewhat unnatural. Having a merged experience would be very fine and save us from things like getting a CAS function graphed and having to manually replace x with X, or having to store the function into a variable before plotting. A well-integrated world of both would highly polish the product imho.

3. Screen resolution doubled in each dimension. The Screen is fine, but finer resolution would be even finer.

4. Better contrast on the key colors. Use the Prime in evening light in the living room and you know what I mean. ;-)

5. RPN as a more prominent feature. Hard to do with CAS, I know, but just wanted to mention it. As just a calculator, nothing beats RPN.

6. I/O. Lets have the Prime control experiments and machines, take measurements from sensors, record them, plot them, and analyze them up to matching to functions and having full error propagation calculation, and easily transfer the results to the PC to write a document about the experiment. The new USB and I²C features look very promising, and I still have to try them.

Best Regards,
Stefan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X) - Stefan Falk - 01-26-2022 02:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)