What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
04-15-2020, 07:28 PM
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
(04-15-2020 05:29 PM)John Keith Wrote:  I gather that the opinion at HP HQ is "who needs more than 10000 digits on a $@%#! calculator?" I would say that if a 20 year old calculator (HP-49) could handle more than 10000 digits, why would anyone want to go backwards?

To me, the silliest thing ever said is, "who needs more than..." We've heard it time after time. "640K is enough for anybody.", "The 80286 is more processor than anyone will ever need.", "The 80386 is more processor than anyone will ever need." etc., etc., etc.

No matter how much processing power, speed, amount of RAM, video resolution, color depth we have, someone will always want more and eventually someone will come up with software to use it all and that eventually requires it all. There is no absolute limit on what people will need. Needs grow as capability does. So, HP: please keep developing faster calculators with more memory, higher resolution screens with more colors (it doesn't matter what the limitation of the human eye is - we want MORE!) oh, and better battery life, too. Ignore the laws of physics. We want all the added capability with longer battery life as well.

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X) - toml_12953 - 04-15-2020 07:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)