HP41C On Button Oddity / Help please
03-20-2020, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2020 02:00 PM by ksagis.)
HP41C On Button Oddity / Help please
Folks, I'm having a bit of an odd problem with a HP41C (sn 2141S10799) which I bought off ebay in a non-working condition.

The battery contacts were in quite good shape and I took it apart to clean the various PCB contacts inside (zebra, battery PCB, etc. When I had it open, I also needed to replace the elastomeric zebra connectors (the original ones didn't seem to have continuity) with new ones from thecalculatorstore. The logic board is the final HP-41C version with the two capacitors in the top, left corner. I'm not an expert, but it seems to have the later version of the display driver with the two "blobs" present.

The 41C works again now, but it intermittently turns on when pressing the On button. If it has been sitting for a while (10 minutes or more) and is off, I need to hold the on button for about 10 seconds or so to get it to turn on. Once it turns on, I can give the On button a quick press and it turns off/on just fine.

The case is tight and clamped well.

I've read most of the archived threads and can't seem to find something the same as my issue, all advice appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP41C On Button Oddity / Help please - ksagis - 03-20-2020 07:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)