Result from solve() command shows c_0
03-22-2020, 01:39 PM
RE: Result from solve() command shows c_0
I also tried with the nspire (without absolute value like in Aries screenshot, with version 4.0.3.29 of the nspire os), and I got a strange "true" answer.
[Image: solve_nspire.png]

Just to show that, well, it's not something easy to implement. The Prime returns too many solutions. One could argue that it suffices to verify which part of the returned set is solution. But even if I had an idea how to implement that, adding checks would certainly have bad side-effects, it would probably slow down some other solve commands, perhaps block some commands. It's very hard to find a good compromise, especially on a calculator where interruption is hard to implement. And someone would certainly find another input that the calc would not solve automatically.

Therefore, I'm sorry, but I won't change that code, it's far too risky. As I said, at some point, you must connect your brain. The calculator is a tool, it *computes* much better than humans, it will help you a lot once you know how to use it, but it will not think for you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Result from solve() command shows c_0 - parisse - 03-22-2020 01:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)