How to use MOUSE
02-26-2020, 10:37 PM
RE: How to use MOUSE
(02-25-2020 06:46 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

MOUSE is for "dynamic" UI detection. It shows/represent the real time mouse information.

In comparison, WAIT(-1) returns mouse/keyboard information from the event queue, which means that if you are slow in getting the data, you can get old data.

The use case for these 2 functions is different. WAIT is useful for a UI type program with buttons and the like where you DO want to respond to user interaction, even if it is "late". MOUSE (and ISKEYDOWN) return the realtime status and is best suited for realtime applications like games and the like where you need to act immediately on user actions.

MOUSE returns what is basically the internal state of the mouse buffers. The current position, where the pointer was first detected down and a state indicator telling you what the system has detected so far (new, completed, drag, stretch, rotate, long click)... But if your program is too slow, it can miss transient events such as new, or long click...

I hope that this helps.

Cyrille
Dear sir de Brébisson,
It is all a bit too complicated for me at the moment. I especially need a command that does not matter how long it takes before the user gives a response. This is important because the programs I want to make may not stop prematurely, or get other weird cures. At the moment I think that command is MOUSE, although it is not yet clear to me how to use this command. I will study the sample programs that I have received. Still, I hope to get more documentation or sample programs elsewhere or from someone else. In any case, I want to thank you very much for your contribution. Sincerely, Karel.

I use HP-16C, WP-34S emulator, HP-35s, HP-48GX, HP-50g, and HP Prime G2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to use MOUSE - cahlucas - 02-24-2020, 10:46 PM
RE: How to use MOUSE - Jacob Wall - 02-25-2020, 12:05 AM
RE: How to use MOUSE - cahlucas - 02-25-2020, 03:07 AM
RE: How to use MOUSE - Jacob Wall - 02-25-2020, 04:05 AM
RE: How to use MOUSE - cahlucas - 02-26-2020 10:37 PM
RE: How to use MOUSE - cahlucas - 02-26-2020, 09:39 PM
RE: How to use MOUSE - Giancarlo - 02-28-2020, 06:18 PM
RE: How to use MOUSE - cahlucas - 02-29-2020, 02:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)