HP Prime: how to insert and save formulas in a sort of "Equation library"
05-19-2020, 06:01 PM
RE: HP Prime: how to insert and save formulas in a sort of "Equation library"
Quote:I still have some doubts about the programming code...

1. If I've understood well, variables should be declared besided "EXPORT" to a maximum of 8 variables per row.
Variables declaration MUST follow a specific order or could follow an arbitrary order in Export row?

2. What is the difference between declaring a variables as "GLOBAL" or as "RESERVED"?
In which specific section are Global variables resp Reserved variables written on the programming code?

3. For each routine "Accounting", "Economics",...is it possible to insert MORE than 10 Equation?

4. For the "search function" I meant directly on the calculator, NOT on the CK editor...In other words, how can I look for an Equation on the HP Prime calculator itself if I do NOT remember its exact location in my equation library? Suppose I created more libraries and more routines and I do not remember where the equation is...

1- First: The 'EXPORT' command is used to declare your personal variables which will be used by the program that follows and once declared can also be used in the command line in Home screen, like PMT1 once declared by the program. Go to the Home screen and type: 78 [Sto>]PMT1 Enter again Type 2*PMT1 Enter = 156. PMT1. if you open the Solver App, you can use PMT1 in the solver as well. In the Solver app tybe B=2*PMT1 Enter press [Num] you should see 78. Activate the B box and press [Solve] and the result is 156. PMT1 is from this point a Global variable and can be used anywhere on your Prime. Also variables declared by the EXPORT command do not have to be in any particular order, but you cannot declare more than 8 variables per EXPORT command which must be seperated by ',' and terminated by ';'

2- The difference between Global and Reserved is that Global variables can be declared by either the EXPORT command in a program or from the command line in the Home Screen. Go to the Home screen and type 45 [Sto] aa you'll get a window ?Do you want to create a variable called aa. If not press [Cancel]. Reserved variables like L0 to L9 are reserved for List, Variables Z0 to Z9 are reserved for Complex Numbers. eg. From Home type 3+4*i [Sto] Z1. But 3+4*i [Sto>
] B -> error:Bad argument type. A to Z are Global variables you can use and do not need to be declared. However a to b have to be declared.

3- Unfortunatly 10 Equations are the max for the solver, whether the Solver App is used directly or in a program. That is one thing that realy annoys me. I an engineering book for example, a chapter may contain way over 10 equations but in the solver you have to split them in section 1, section 2, and 3 and 4.

4- On the calculator as well as the CK you have to scroll through and I recommend using the 4 way navigation button. To go to the Top of the doc use [Shift] ^ and to the bottom use [Shift] down. You can also use [Shift] < and > .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime: how to insert and save formulas in a sort of "Equation library" - BERNARD MICHAUD - 05-19-2020 06:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)