HP Prime: how to insert and save formulas in a sort of "Equation library"
02-11-2020, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2020 08:09 AM by pinkman.)
RE: Hp Prime: how to insert and save formulas in a sort of "Equation library"
(02-10-2020 05:37 PM)marprime80 Wrote:  Dear Thomas thank you very much for your reply.
I'll have a look at the links..
Today to test solver, i tried to insert some formula in solver with long name variables,like Gains=Revenues-Costs.
However Solver app pops up a "synthax error" when wrinting the tree "economic" variables..and surprisingly Solver decomposes Gains in G*a*i*n*s and so on...creating a variable for each letter...instead of creating just 3"economic variables...
With old hp 17bll Solver automatically recognized the variables as long names instead of creating many letters
How can I solve this problem in HP Prime?
I hope it is only an entry mode error...

Thank you very much for your kind support..

Best regards,

Mark

Hello Mark,
No the Solver won't create vars on the fly, and math some math students might be helped by the translation of AB into A*B.

Two workarounds:

First (my prefered one): create a program, name it "AllMyVars" or whatever you want, and insert all the vars you need, ie:
Code:

EXPORT Gain, Revenues, Cost;
EXPORT GrossMargin, EBITDA;
// etc.

Second:
In Home view, create directly a var, by using the 'Sto' soft or hard key. This is usually done after a calculus.
Code:

Ansâ–¶MyResult

You can then use all those created vars in the Solver. You can find them with the 'Vars' key, under the 'User' softkey menu.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hp Prime: how to insert and save formulas in a sort of "Equation library" - pinkman - 02-11-2020 08:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)