Program local variables issue
02-11-2020, 04:41 PM
RE: Program local variables issue
(02-11-2020 04:34 AM)Gene222 Wrote:  For a good explanation of how to program with local variables, see 4.2) HP Prime Programming: Variable types and their priorities. This document is located within the HP-Prime: Documentation & Tutorials located at the top of this forum.

Thanks for the link.

A bit of nostalgia: I realize that no manual is perfect and usually the material filling the gaps follows.
For instance, let's consider TI84+CE's manual. It's also written in somewhat confusing way (stress put on also Smile ).
But there is a book written by Dr. Christopher Mitchell which describes process of programming the calculator--when I was reading it, I found it occasionally explaining too obvious things (Chris: if you're reading it, sorry! Smile ), but I learned the details of a few things which weren't initially clear to me.
When I bought HP Prime I looked for such a book, but, alas, there was none. Gap fillers are scattered all over the place and usually it takes a lot of time to find them. And often times to find this time is a problem. (Thanks again Gene222 for pointing me to the document.)

Maybe some HP Prime guru having spare time on hand should seriously consider writing "Programming HP Prime" book? I believe many would benefit from it (including the author who will get royalties).

Darius
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Program local variables issue - DrDarius - 02-10-2020, 02:25 AM
RE: Program local variables issue - DrDarius - 02-11-2020 04:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)