Battery options for 82143A printer
02-09-2020, 02:34 AM
RE: Battery options for 82143A printer
(02-09-2020 01:02 AM)Dave Britten Wrote:  There's also a stacked 2x2 holder. I don't suppose that would fit in the battery compartment, would it?

https://www.amazon.com/WMYCONGCONG-Batte...07JMMCMBL/

I have the same 2x2 AA stacked holder, and unfortunately it's a bit too high to fit the battery door over it. The diameter of an AA battery is more than half the height of the stock battery, so you can't really stack them vertically.

Mouser has a 2x2 AAA holder that is 24.5 mm square, which is almost exactly the height of the stock battery. You would need to attach clips to the battery wires to connect to the contacts in the compartment, and maybe add a strip of foam to the cover to keep the holder from rattling around in the battery compartment. The cost of the holder was only a little more than a dollar.

The capacity of an Eneloop AAA rechargeable is 750 mAh while a generic subC NiCd is 2500 mAh, so operating life would be much less. Four short AA batteries in a cut-down 2-wide by 2-long holder might work, but I'm sure the capacity would less than the subC and would be a bit of a pain to charge the short AA battery outside the holder.

How about using a modern charger on a rebuilt battery pack outside the printer? Mark Hoskins has something like that for the Classic 3-pack.

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Battery options for 82143A printer - mfleming - 02-09-2020 02:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)