Is there any way to prevent the Prime from formatting when something crashes it?
12-29-2019, 12:29 AM
Is there any way to prevent the Prime from formatting when something crashes it?
I have been experiencing crashes almost once a week and thought there was something wrong with my G2. Even though it is still new, the problem could be bad memory blocks or something else. It's not the crashing that's frustrating, it's the fact that every time there's a crash, everything gets wiped and I have to start from scratch all over again. Luckily, backing up and restoring works well and doesn't take long (since I haven't installed a lot of things yet).

I was experimenting with the solver app by Han when the calculator crashed. Luckily, this time, I knew exactly what I was doing and tried it again; the calculator crashed. This tentatively proves that there's nothing wrong with the calculator from a hardware perspective, which makes me happy. However, this makes me extremely wary about using the calculator as the calculator could crash in an exam and everything gets wiped. Why does this happen? I have no issue with the calculator crashing. I just don't want everything to get wiped.

In case someone wants to try it, install the latest solver app by Han, choose motion, terminal velocity, and try to solve without changing anything.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is there any way to prevent the Prime from formatting when something crashes it? - medwatt - 12-29-2019 12:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)