How to do Fourier Integrals on the HP Prime?
12-09-2019, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2019 09:55 PM by medwatt.)
RE: How to do Fourier Integrals on the HP Prime?
(12-09-2019 08:45 PM)Stevetuc Wrote:  
(12-09-2019 08:22 PM)medwatt Wrote:  This is just evaluating the Laplace Transform at s=jw. The Laplace Transform used on the Prime is the single-sided LT, meaning it evaluates the integral from 0 to inf. You can use this LT to get the FT if you have a function that is right-sided. What happens if you want the FT of functions such as sin(wt), a dc signal, that span the the entire time domain ? Well, it's not possible.

Yes indeed. I shared the above code fragment to make that fact clear!
You may have to move back to TI or Casio, assuming you have an app that meets your needs or Wolfram.

Thanks, man. I appreciate the effort. There's a package for Laplace Transform for the Ti-89 which I've modified to do the Fourier Transform. The Casio Classpad II can do FT natively but I'm not a fan of it as it is barely has any hardware keys and therefore makes no sense buying it when you can just install any one of the myriad calculator applications on Android.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to do Fourier Integrals on the HP Prime? - medwatt - 12-09-2019 09:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)