Ghost apps? Symbolic views that just won't go away.
11-28-2022, 08:03 PM
RE: Ghost apps? Symbolic views that just won't go away.
(05-11-2021 12:54 AM)tooki Wrote:  
(10-24-2020 11:53 AM)cloudxff Wrote:  Previously, I had the same problem.But recently, the problem has suddenly disappeared.So I thought back to the action I had done.It seems to have something to do with creating a new backup and restoring it after I entered the "memory Manager" interface, since these are the only two actions I've done recently.Who can try it? Backup first, restore later.Then long press Shift +on and boot test to see if the problem still exists.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! That worked for me. This issue had been vexing me for ages!

(04-02-2021 07:06 AM)juuce79 Wrote:  It doesn't seem to work for me, but maybe I'm performing the steps wrong, here's what I did...

1. I factory reset my device using the FCO method.
2. I then connected to my windows 10 pc and backed up my factory new image using the connectivity kit, naming the backup Clean.zip.
3. I then disconnected from my pc and factory reset my device again using the FCO method.
4. I long pressed shift+on to put the device into coma mode and then pressed on again to start the device.
5. I finally connected to my windows 10 pc again and restored my earlier backup (Clean.zip) using the connectivity kit.

6. I then disconnected from my pc and created a new app based on the solve app which I named solve1, which had a solve icon.
7. I then deleted the newly created solve1 app.
8. I repeated the coma restart by long pressing shift+on to put the device into coma mode and then pressing on again to start the device.

9. The result was that a ghost solve1 app appears with a function icon.

So it didn't work for me. Please tell me if I performed the steps wrong. I don't know what boot test is so maybe I am doing something wrong. Also maybe I should be backing up an image where I have deleted a ghost app first.

Another bug I've noticed is that the device won't go to sleep after a factory reset until I've restarted the device (in this case I used a coma restart followed by on+symb restart, but I don't know if that matters), at which point it will go to sleep. The device dims but after 5 minutes the screen becomes bright again instead of going to sleep. However, as mentioned, this is no longer a problem once the device has been restarted.

Regards, Frank

You're doing a very different procedure, in that you're doing a backup to PC, which probably uses a very different mechanism.

This is what cloudxff meant -- at least, it's what worked for me:
1. Delete the zombie apps from the Apps screen (arrow keys to select the app, press Backspace, then tap OK).
2. Press Shift+Toolbox to open the Memory Manager.
3. Select Backups, then tap View.
4. Tap New, edit the name if you want, then tap OK to create a new backup on the calculator.
5. Select the backup you just created.
6. Tap Restore, then swipe the lock icon to the right to confirm.
7. (Optional) Tap Delete, then OK, to delete the backup.

Done!

Now you can test rebooting it and see if the zombie apps come back. For me, they do not.

Exactly, thanks for the data, the procedure can be done and it works correctly, the zombie apps no longer appear
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ghost apps? Symbolic views that just won't go away. - DrEureka - 11-28-2022 08:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)