Casio fx-50F/fx-50FH programming
08-16-2020, 06:59 PM
RE: Casio fx-50F/fx-50FH programming
(08-07-2020 04:09 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  
(08-07-2020 05:15 AM)David22 Wrote:  program model/capabilities are really poor

Not the best, but 680 steps, 4 program area but no subroutines, 10 labels in each, Goto is available, 7 variables, common scientific functions + MODEs. The code is readable and input asks with the name of the variable, output also shows the variable name or the formula. You can use Ans as a variable in some cases and in SD or REG mode you can use statistics registers as variables also, eg. easily build a counter with 'n' and 'DT'. If/Then/Else, While/Break/EndWhile, For/To/Step/Next.

I think this is far better than some in the 80's and 90's.
And, frankly speaking, no other non-graphing programmable on the market.

Csaba

You are totally right if we compare fx-50F(H)/fx-3650P with a lot of Casio scientific programmable models from 80's and 90's where only jump to first program step was available, limiting possibilities (even some times you had to use a program area to initialize program and other to repetitive process, consuming 2 area programs in machines where you had only those 2 areas or at best 4 areas), and in some of those models you programmed in the blind: for example Casio fx-180P (my first scientific and first "programmable" calculator). In some later Casio calculators with same programming model at least you can see what you where programming and you can revise and edit programs: for example Casio fx-180P Plus or Casio fx-3600P (those have an small 4 chars area in upper right corner, where you see introduced commands).

I think in those horrible Casio programming model with only jump instruction to 1st step, "programming" capability was there mostly for defined integral calculus and repetitive calculus (for example to sample a function in a lot of points). Although some of those calculators, for example Casio fx-3800P, lost integral calculus to include Base-n (hex/dec/octal/bin) conversion/operation (this model even lost fractions).

About fx-50F/fx-50FH programming I think the use of long menus (only accessible with repetitive cursor key press) to introduce programming commands get more annoyed than limited programming model itself.

Casio fx-5800P is the only other non-graphic programmable cal available today, but it seems graphic without being. I see no value on it: its programming model is much better than fx-50F/fx-50FH but it isn't solar and for "no solar" calcs there are much older and much better programmable calculators.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Casio fx-50F/fx-50FH programming - ddd - 09-30-2019, 05:58 AM
RE: Casio fx-50F/fx-50FH programming - David22 - 08-16-2020 06:59 PM
RE: Casio fx-50F/fx-50FH programming - ddd - 09-12-2020, 07:31 AM
RE: Casio fx-50F/fx-50FH programming - ddd - 10-07-2020, 06:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)