HP48GX - Simple Program Question
08-28-2019, 09:45 PM
RE: HP48GX - Simple Program Question
(08-28-2019 09:34 PM)MattGreer Wrote:  For the 48GX I created some simple programs, things that will take user entries, bring up the Solver, run that, etc. Or calculate several different things for me based on what I input. Just really, really simple stuff that just calculates and manipulates the stack.

When I use the Connectivity Kit and then pull up these things in a text editor I notice that there's a certain width and then (apparently) a carriage return to the next line.

My question is, if I edit these things and the width of a given line is longer than what I see represented in existing programs, will it error out on me?

Thanks for your help!

No, the program source content is pretty much free-form (though there could be a line limit of 255 or something high likes that), but the machine renders the lines into shorter segments to reflect how they will appear on the 48 LCD, and be easily edited.

Long lines do work, the editor scrolls the whole window, but it's not too useful since you can't see the start of the next/prev lines when you're out past the screen edge on the current line.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP48GX - Simple Program Question - rprosperi - 08-28-2019 09:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)