What happened between 39gii and prime?
08-20-2019, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2019 12:04 AM by Gene222.)
RE: What happened between 39gii and prime?
(08-19-2019 07:32 AM)Marco Polo Wrote:  In my department lives several mid-ageengineers who, like me, use HP48 series calcs, some old dinosaurs using HP41/32/42/35s (the latter due to hardware failure of 32s) and a bunch of millennials using Excel and cheap Sharp or Casio 4-bangers.
Ti is not present, as well as modern Cas calculators.

Were those really "Casio 4-banger" calculators? I though "4-banger" calculators could only perform basic arithmetic calculations. I would have thought that new engineers would just use the calculators that they used in college.

The Fundamental's of Engineering exam only allows calculators like the Casio FX115. I hear that some lower division engineering classes only allow calculators that are allowed by the FE exam. These cheap $15 calculators have textbook entry, solver, ability to save an equation, and a lot of other functions, but no graphic capability. I also hear that some classes now teach how to solve some engineering problems using excel to mimic the real world.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What happened between 39gii and prime? - Gene222 - 08-20-2019 11:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)