HP41 Card Reader bug in conjunction with X-Memory
08-01-2019, 05:31 PM
RE: HP41 Card Reader bug in conjunction with X-Memory
(08-01-2019 02:45 PM)cdmackay Wrote:  
(08-01-2019 02:37 AM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  Sometimes the format may also be an issue. MacOS tends to be less forgiving than Windows or Linux when it comes to mounting filesystems. I don't know if that's the case here, but I have run into this with the MoHPC USB stick, which did not mount natively on my Mac, but did mount under Linux running in VirtualBox on the same machine.

That's odd! I also had no problem at all reading the MoHPC stick on my Mac.

I may be mis-remembering, and it was actually the TOS collection, I'm not 100% sure. Either way, I communicated the problem to the seller, and they offered to send a replacement, which I declined, having found a workaround. But what I meant to illustrate is that Macs can be picky. Another example: another USB stick, formatted with a FAT32 filesystem. One time, I unplugged it from my Mac, without unmounting it first. After that, the Mac wouldn't mount it any more, until I inserted it into a PC. The PC, running Windows, mounted it without complaint, and after that, the Mac did too. Given that experience, I can easily imagine a Mac having a problem with a flipped bit in an ISO 9660 header somewhere; it might be worth a shot trying the disc in a PC, or, as Bob suggested, a later model Mac, or an external DVD drive.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP41 Card Reader bug in conjunction with X-Memory - Thomas Okken - 08-01-2019 05:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)