(71b) HP41 module programs in HP71b
06-03-2019, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2019 07:25 PM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: (71b) HP41 module programs in HP71b
The > before LBL can be removed, if the converter doesn't like it. It serves no function other than to highlight labels, similar to what happens in program listings made with the HP-82143A and other printers.

The |- represents the "append" character. I don't know how that's supposed to be represented for the converter to recognize it. Don't delete it! Unlike the > before LBL, the |- is not just decoration; it signifies that the following text is to be appended to the ALPHA register, rather than replacing its contents.

Regarding the line numbers restarting at 01: I don't know how the converter handles that, either. The module contains separate programs, and I think they need to be kept separate, because of local labels. Whether that means each program has to be converted separately, I can't tell you, since I'm not familiar with the process of converting HP-41 programs to run on the 71B. Someone who knows the 71B will have to answer that, and also the question about the |- character.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (71b) HP41 module programs in HP71b - Thomas Okken - 06-03-2019 07:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)