HP-35s New Moon Lander behavior
04-26-2019, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2019 05:51 PM by burkhard.)
RE: HP-35s New Moon Lander behavior
(04-20-2019 07:40 AM)ijabbott Wrote:  I also typed it in (including the correction for "INSRUMENT"). It worked, although all the checksums were wrong. I understand that is a known bug of the 35s.

I typed it in as well (had to look up the trick to specify Flag 10: ".0" ), and while the program seems to work, indeed the checksums are wrong compared to the printed material.

Can you (or someone) explain what you mean by checksums being wrong "is a known bug of the 35s" ? Does that mean our checksums wouldn't match either, i.e. they are diferent on every machine?

If it doesn't mean that, what are the proper checksums?

There's one more minor typo in the listing: for line M028 it says "X<>y", when it really means "x<>y", i.e. a simple x-y swap. The improper capital "X" could throw someone off.
Additionally, all those "x<>y" are of course simple x-y register swaps, not tests of inequality between x & y. That's probably apparent to anyone used to HP keystroke programming, but just in case...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-35s New Moon Lander behavior - KayBee - 04-18-2019, 06:27 PM
RE: HP-35s New Moon Lander behavior - burkhard - 04-26-2019 01:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)