(41CL) Advantage Pac (41AD) mapped to page 2?
02-26-2019, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2019 11:51 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: (41CL) Advantage Pac (41AD) mapped to page 2?
(02-26-2019 07:57 PM)cdmackay Wrote:  ...
Is this expected? I thought pages 0–2 were for the OS itself, and weren't mapped by the MMU? So why does there appear to be a ROM image mapped at page 2?

Most likely I have deeply confused myself, in which case apologies, but would someone please straighten me out? thanks!

You can safely ignore this, assuming the machine is running right. I believe the 41AD in 0x80402C is just coincidentally the same as the code for the Advantage ROM. The OS pages are handled uniquely by the MMU; for example MMUCLR does not initialize the 400C-403C blocks at all.

But may I observe you're really making rapid progress learning your new CL, these issues and spelunking this deep is not typical in my experience for day-1!

Assuming your flash is fully updated, install Angel's Library-4 (4LIB) and AMC/OSX (OSX3) right away, and you'll probably never look back. They are such a basic part of CL life for me, that when I use a 41 without them, I get confused and think something is not working right.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (41CL) Advantage Pac (41AD) mapped to page 2? - rprosperi - 02-26-2019 11:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)