Indefinite "wait" state installing HP connectivity kit
01-12-2019, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2019 02:42 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: Indefinite "wait" state installing HP connectivity kit
(01-12-2019 12:36 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  There are two other things that get installed - the c++ redistrobutables, and the apple bonjour installer. Maybe one of these is the culprit for some reason?

Well, at last I know how Bonjour keeps getting installed on my machines; it frankly never occurred to me that the Prime s/w was the source; I have removed it. Can the CK and virtual and physical machines communicate properly without it?

Update: CK seems to still work (with the Virtual Prime) but both the VP and CK are very sluggish. Maybe comms fall back to some other method if Bonjour isn't available?

Update2: Disabling "mDns" in the IP Networking section of Preferences restores normal behavior.

@Tim - if this works fine with built-in Windows networking capabilities, why is Bonjour also installed? Faster? Needed for classroom stuff?

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Indefinite "wait" state installing HP connectivity kit - rprosperi - 01-12-2019 02:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)