The lack of handling root functions in hp prime
12-30-2018, 01:03 PM
RE: The lack of handling root functions in hp prime
(12-30-2018 12:07 PM)grsbanks Wrote:  
(12-30-2018 11:31 AM)Komanguy Wrote:  A calculator has hardware keys wich is more comfortable than typing on touchscreen or computer keyboard.
It starts faster, you can have your calculations immediately. You want to study something, you take your paper notebook, your books, your pencil and your calculator and here you go.
Also, your brain works better with sketches, handwriting, instead of typing everything on a computer.

What he said.

But with a big caveat.

Without wanting to over-simplify the situation with sweeping generalizations, this is definitely an age thing. I fall firmly into the category of users described above. I want a physical device with real keys on it and I too think better using a pad and a pencil, which means that a real calculator is what I want to use. Why do I stick with my 41C, which is a machine released 40 years ago? Because it fits my needs without me having to change the way I work most effectively.

However, I can't ignore the up and coming generation of youngsters who prefer to embrace technology to a far greater degree than I do. For these guys, there really is very little point in using a physical device because it's just one more thing to haul around and clutter up the briefcase (for those who still use one).

The calculator's days are numbered now, I have no doubt of that. But isn't that the very reason why there are places like this, the "Museum of HP Calculators?" Even if we can't preserve the physical hardware (many of us here are doing what we can about that in personal collections!), we can at least preserve information about it in the hope that future generations will be inspired to find out what all the fuss was about.

Here’s my study setup: [Image: 37769326-C8-FC-4-D1-F-A917-322209-EA1185.jpg]

The biggest ipad for ebooks, though I prefer hard books.
My physical notebook to have bigger working space
My prime for calculations.

I dont like use small portions of screen to read and write on.
It can be weird but I use the notebook because no ipad nor convertible can give me such big space. One space for readings, one for writings, one for calculations.

Guy R. KOMAN, hp 50G, hp Prime Rev. C
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The lack of handling root functions in hp prime - Komanguy - 12-30-2018 01:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)