Useful/interesting programs for an OmniBook 300
04-28-2014, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2014 07:46 PM by Bill (Smithville NJ).)
RE: Useful/interesting programs for an OmniBook 300
Hi Dave,

Quote:In particular, I need a good programmer's text editor, because there just isn't enough DOS conventional memory for the TurboC IDE to be happy.

That's a real problem with the OB300 - the amount of free memory is pretty small. You should see if you can get an OB-430. Has a lot more capability than the 300 does. And you can boot other operating systems (I do CP/M-86, XENIX and Linux)

As to programs, these are some I use on the 430. Most should work on the 300 also. Note: I only use the 430 as a DOS machine. Windows is not even loaded on it.

Norton Commander 3.0 (first program I load on any DOS machine)
Turbo Pascal 3.0 (second program I load)
Turbo Pascal 6.0
Dbase IV
Microsoft Fortran 4.0
Lahey Fortran
Basica
GWBasic
Qbasic 4.5
CPACK200

Z80 Cross Assembler:
ASMZ80
LODZ80
Z80DISASM

LIST (although I use NC mainly for this function)
XTALK (Crosstalk Communication Program)

TED (a very small, simple editor).

Emulators:
TRS81 - A TRS-80 Model I emulator.
MYZ80 - A CPM-80 Emulator.

As to your editor problem - I use Turbo Pascal 3.0 compiler as a general purpose editor. TED is also a small editor that works well. I use a version of TED on my Android Tablet to edit source code for the Android X11 Basic Compiler. And Norton Commander has a nice little editor built in to it.

If you use Win3.1, then a good Norton Commander Clone is Total Commander for Win3.1.

Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Useful/interesting programs for an OmniBook 300 - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 04-28-2014 07:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)