(48GX) SpeedUI 14.01 released:-)
08-13-2016, 04:30 PM
RE: [HP 48GX] SpeedUI 14.01 released:-)
(08-13-2016 07:38 AM)JDW Wrote:  It's been over 1 month since my previous post but not a single person has replied. Are there no 48GX users out there who have even tried SpeedUI?

But as I wrote in my previous post, I am curious how you run all the libraries. Meta Kernel 2.3 fits on a single 128k card that is merged with system RAM. But take a look at the size of all the SpeedUI libraries here:

http://www.hpcalc.org/details/6369

Subtracting the *.text and *.pdf filesizes, we are left with about 180k of library data, which of course will not fit on a 128k card for the 48GX. Or is SpeedUI different than Meta Kernel in that SpeedUI can be used on something other than a 128k card merged with system RAM?

SpeedUI is modular and you can elect to install as many or few of it's components, depending on which UI items you wish to speed-up; e.g. you can replace the basic stack (multiple versions, one includes SysRPL view), Message box, Matrix editor, Library catalog, etc.

The components are libraries, so in general they can load wherever libraries can, but a few are limited to Port-1 as they can't work in covered ports. These limitations are noted.

All of this is detailed in the docs, though I recommend reading them all through a couple times, as the flexibility of loading various modules can lead to many configurations, and can be a bit confusing on the first read.

After trying this, if questions remain, perhaps try to contact Ray via PM or email?

Also, I've not ever loaded it simultaneously with MK, so can't address that aspect. Good luck, I think you'll find SpeedUI pretty amazing.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HP 48GX] SpeedUI 14.01 released:-) - rprosperi - 08-13-2016 04:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)