New Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
11-11-2018, 09:49 PM
RE: New Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
(11-03-2018 08:00 PM)Jacob Wall Wrote:  I have no idea why, but the issue has corrected itself. The Pro calculator on the Pixel 2 once again appears and disappears from the Conn. Kit as the app is opened/closed. I will monitor this to see if there's a specific trigger that causes the same symptoms to happen again. At the moment I have no explanation why it happened consistently, then stopped happening.

I believe I have found the so-called 'trigger'. If the Windows Virtual Prime is open and the Connectivity Kit is open while trying to connect Android, something happens that requires a restart of the Android to be able to connect.
- As long as the Virtual Prime is running, only a single connect from the Android Prime will be successful. Close the Android app, then re-open the app and re-connect is no longer possible. Reboot Android and re-connect is again possible (only once).
- Close Windows Virtual Prime and reboot Android, full functionality is restored.

On a similar note, I noticed the following:
- If Windows Virtual Prime is running while connecting HP Prime real calculator with USB, very flaky behavior is 'often' encountered. I am seeing the Application Library only sometimes populates under this scenario. When USB calculator is the only connected device, then I 'rarely' have these issues.

In short, there are some issues around having multiple calculators connected to the Connectivity Kit at the same time.

Jacob
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16) - Jacob Wall - 11-11-2018 09:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)