"Life it too short to read the manual"
09-20-2018, 12:30 AM
RE: "Life it too short to read the manual"
(09-19-2018 10:00 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  .
Hi, Egan:

(09-19-2018 02:28 PM)Egan Ford Wrote:  That is the problem, IMHO. The lack of well-written manuals. [...] I used to read the manuals end-to-end, when they were worth reading.

Absolutely. The Owner's Handbooks for the classic models HP-25, HP-67, HP-11C, HP-15C, HP-34C and the HP-41C were amazing reads and I devoured them from the first page to the last, enjoying every minute of it.

Do you remember those funny and enlightening examples featuring "lovesick sailor Odysseus", "Silas Silversaver", "Norman Numbercruncher", accountant "Polly Preparer", etc ? Not only did you understand the code and techniques discussed but would also remember them thanks to the cheerful mood employed throughout, as if the manual's authors were saying: "Hey, we've had a heck of a time developing this calculator and creating this manual for you and we really want you to join us in the fun and enjoy the ride as well while learning how to make the best of it."
V.
Yes I remember all of that very wellSmile My HP-25 manual is quite worn from being read many times over the decades.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Life it too short to read the manual" - Steve Simpkin - 09-20-2018 12:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)