"Life it too short to read the manual"
09-17-2018, 12:45 PM
RE: "Life it too short to read the manual"
Hello!

(09-17-2018 11:38 AM)pier4r Wrote:  I can say for myself that I can follow lectures (and therefore videos), but then I have to take notes if the content is not simple. This because ultimately I prefer to process textual information.

It used to be the same with we, but it is changing. At university and also during my flying ground training I often studied at home at my own pace instead of attending the lectures when that was allowed, some had mandatory attendance. But now the prospect of sitting down with a thick manual - even if I can read it on my iPad - and working my way through a complex subject does not appeal very much.

Not long ago I purchased a licence for an online video course for a software instead of laboring through a 1400-pages manual. Something I would certainly not have considered ten years ago. But watching a professional at work and being able to copy his workflow is - for me at least - a great advantage over having to work it all out for myself, and possibly missing some important things just because they are not obvious. This is by the way for the video editing software "DaVinci Resolve 15", an incredibly powerful piece of code and totally free in the basic version. No way can I learn to use this code by reading a manual alone!

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Life it too short to read the manual" - Maximilian Hohmann - 09-17-2018 12:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)