HP Prime going the way obsoletion...
08-30-2018, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2018 09:12 AM by StephenG1CMZ.)
RE: HP Prime going the way obsoletion...
What a pity that connectivity is discouraged

The HP Prime has had a somewhat convoluted connectivity history: First there was the NW Connectivity Not Working release, then a version with some kind of classroom wifi but not real wifi. Followed by some mention of improvements to the update process, that I'd have to reread hundreds of posts to remind myself of the latest state of play.

A new G2 version is becoming available, but what is lacking is a simple non-technical announcement as to whether or not it has wifi... I don't mean some proprietory classroom wifi, I mean can I upload or download programs like I know I can with the Android version*. By itself.

Failing that, is there supposed to be a way of doing so with the help of an Android phone (so as to be usable portable)? How is a user who wants a useful connected calculator meant to know?

*editing and running Android programs is another story...apparrently some can... You can see why an all-in-one solution could be more reliable.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime going the way obsoletion... - StephenG1CMZ - 08-30-2018 08:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)