SandMatrix Module becomes the "Mean Matrix Machine"
06-17-2018, 10:26 PM
RE: SandMatrix Module becomes the "Mean Matrix Machine"
Hola, Ángel:

Congratulations and a few comments:

(06-17-2018 10:16 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Not a bad way to round up this updating project, which highlights are listed below:

It's "whose", not "which" ... 8-D.

Quote:
  • New function to zero the diagonals, and anti-identity matrix building
  • Program to calculate Complex Determinats up to order 4

Don't know a thing about this ROM of yours but I'll suggest the following in case you might consider it a worthwhile thing to do:

- the new function to zero the diagonals and anti-identity matrix building seem to me quite unimportant, I don't see any worthwhile applications for them apart from being used in one or two mini-challenges and such. I feel that including such miscellaneous functions in the ROM is a waste of space, like filler. If in some rare application you need either of them, they're quite easy to replicate with the existing functions. All IMHO, of course.

- on the other hand, and just in case the ROM doesn't actually include this functionality already (I don't really know), implementing matrix subarray handling would be a real must, as it's something very frequently needed and can't be replicated in user code without one or two complicated nested loops.

An Mcode implementation would run hundreds of times faster while saving lots of RAM. By subarray handling I'm referring of course to, e.g., clearing part of a matrix, extracting part of a matrix to another matrix, assigning a value to part of a matrix, copying part of a matrix into a part of another matrix (or even the same), as seen in my 71B code to recursively compute the determinant of a real/complex matrix by minor expansion. The 71B Math ROM doesn't include this functionality but if you're willing I don't see any reason why your MMM ROM can't include it as well.

- including a program to calculate "Complex Determinats" (sic) but only up to order 4 seems to me kinda lame. Either include a proper program which can do order N or else save the space for something more worthwhile. At just order 4 it's pretty miscellaneous as well.

All said with the best intention to motivate you to include the best, most useful functionality in your excellent ROM. You can also consider all of the above suggestions as a personal challenge ... :-)

Regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SandMatrix Module becomes the "Mean Matrix Machine" - Valentin Albillo - 06-17-2018 10:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)