HP-41 and 42s: AIP with or without sign?
06-07-2018, 10:25 PM
RE: HP-41 and 42s: AIP with or without sign?
Hi, Ángel:

(06-07-2018 02:32 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  A real walk in the park, stay tuned.

Ok. It must be nice to be able to create and edit microcode routines for the 41, which includes having all the relevant source listings and docs, plus the necessary hardware of course. We had none of it in the early times after the 41C was released by HP and most of us would have given an arm and a leg for those materials back then.

Quote:BTW something *not* so simple that may arise your fancy: [...] however it doesn't calculate the determinants. So here's the task: Write a routine to calculate the determinant of a Complex matrix, using the Matrix functions in the module.

Anybody going for it?

Not me. Regrettably I have a sizable "To Do" list re HP things, several pages long, and I can't allocate in it the task you suggest with any decent priority, there are too many other tasks which I consider more urgent right now. Sorry.

Quote:Is there any example in the Advanced HP-15C Manual perhaps?

I don't remember, will look at it after I post this. However, I found this, which might be quite relevant and possibly can be adapted to run using the 41C Advantage ROM:

Computing complex determinant in the HP-15C

Hope that helps.
Regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41 and 42s: AIP with or without sign? - Valentin Albillo - 06-07-2018 10:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)