HP-41C HP-IL REMOTE & LOCAL commands
06-06-2018, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2018 12:33 AM by Sylvain Cote.)
RE: HP-41C HP-IL REMOTE & LOCAL commands
Hello Garth,

(06-05-2018 08:42 AM)Garth Wilson Wrote:  Sylvain, I do find it a bit curious that you would use AUTOIO and then 1 SELECT.

My original intention was to use it as a loop continuity check, but as you will see, it does not add anything to the final solution.

Your question made me realize that I should have traced all the 82160A & 82183A functions long ago.
Actually I did it in the 1980s with the HP-IL Dev. ROM (MONITOR) when it became available.
Being completely away from the HP calculator world between 1989 and 2011 made me lose most of that deep knowledge.
I am slowly rebuilding it, but doing part time takes forever ...

As you will see, in this specific case, SELECT generate the same set of HP-IL messages as MANIO and AUTOIO commands.
It is special to see AUTOIO generating twice the same set of messages.
So here it is ... (for simplicity’s sake, I have not included IDY and ETO frames)

HP-41 Command Sequence
Code:
MANIO
SELECT
AUTOIO
SELECT

MANIO
Code:
AAU     RFC     AAD  1  TAD 01  RFC     SAI     DAB 2E  LAD 01  RFC     UNL     RFC

1 SELECT
Code:
AAU     RFC     AAD  1  TAD 01  RFC     SAI     DAB 2E  LAD 01  RFC     UNL     RFC

AUTOIO
Code:

1 SELECT
Code:

Above HP-IL messages explanation
Code:
AAU     RFC     AAD  1  // loop reconfiguration
TAD 01  RFC             // first device on the loop becomes the talker
SAI     DAB 2E          // request accessory id from the talker
LAD 01  RFC             // first device on the loop becomes a listener
UNL     RFC             // deactivate listeners

Regards,

Sylvain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41C HP-IL REMOTE & LOCAL commands - Sylvain Cote - 06-06-2018 12:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)